Wednesday, November 24, 2010

60 Minute Dinner Rolls

**SERIOUSLY DELICIOUS ROLLS---This recipe was given to me by my friend El. I promise you will love these rolls AND they are super duper easy. My oven always cooks hot, and I should have been careful and watched these, but aside from being a little brown on the top, they are absolutely delicious. They have the perfect amount of yeast and next time, I will try these using wheat flour since we love whole wheat.**

This dough can also be used to make cinnamon rolls, and I think it would be great to make dinner calzones in. You could use ham and cheese or pepperoni, spaghetti sauce and cheese, etc..

UPDATE-- I just made a second batch with whole wheat flour. I was not crazy about them. I think the wheat was too strong. Maybe doing a half white/half wheat would be better. I did use regular yeast though this time instead of quick rising and they still worked.

Dinner Rolls

Dry Ingredients
3 1/2 cups flour --divided (2 1/2 cups 1 cup)
*This is how I did the flour, my friend said she started with 3 1/2 cups flour and added up to 1 more cup, but you may not use the whole 1 cup.
1/4 cup sugar
2 TB yeast
2 TB dry milk powder
1 tsp salt

Wet Ingredients
1 1/2 cups Hottest tap water
1/4 cup oil

Add all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (minus the 1 cup flour). Add wet ingredients to a measuring cup. Gradually add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat by hand or by mixer for 1 minute. I did mine in my Kitchen Aid mixer.

Now, gradually add the extra 1 cup of flour and knead for 4 true minutes.

Cover and let rise for 15 true minutes.

Punch down and pinch off balls about the size of golf balls. Place in a greased 9x13 pan.
**I personally liked them better when I cooked them in a 9x13 and an 8x8. They expanded a bit more and I just liked them better than squishing them all into a 9x13.

Cover and let rise for 15 true minutes.

Bake at 425 for 10 minutes.
Makes 24 rolls.

2 comments:

The Daily Smash said...

I love how easy these look and sound delish I will have to make them soon.

Ashley
Thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

Grand Rapids Carpenters said...

Great post thhanks

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails